25 June, 2006

Last Post from Tehran.... for now

I should countinue with the Khafan kids post first, I don't know why but this one slipped my mind. As I was talking to N.F#3 he was telling me about the Public Trends, and this one was a little odd for me. Somthing like playing Musical instruments in out doors would be the trend for a while and then it would be something else. Ofcourse something like Sking in the winter or hiking in the summer never fall from beng fashionable or the Film Festival at the middle of winter.
It amazing that even though there is not a medium like the T.V in America that sets the "cool" standards the "cool" standard somes into Existance in any case. I have not discovered that how the new standard can be perpetuated, thats for a sociologist to find out, but it would be useful to know the mechanism. In anycase, I think anybody would prefer this natural occurance to the manufacutred crap on American T.V.

Well this is it for now from the dirty, chaotic, and exciting city of Tehran, ... for now of course. I had having both a good times and some disappointing times, like its life. 10 years is a long time so I regret the size and chaose of the city but Openness of the people is a nice surprize, only of they would be more active! But I suppose that comes with time.
I'm getting out of tehran today at 9:00 pm toward Yazd which passes Arak and Natanz. the head over toward Zagros Mountains in the west, the place of Bakhtari and Qhashqai tribes, to Shahre-Kurd (where the Kurds are not the sizable mainority, kind of like Kansas City which is NOT in Kansas) and then to Isfahan and my not so little city.

later for now,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home