11 June, 2006

"Lighter Subjects"

As demanded by my artisitc advisor (certainly not my economic one) Won, its time for some "lighter subjects":

The Pictures in this posts are random pics from Tehran. There will be another post picture from the Gate of National Garden (Sar-dare Baghe Melli) and Iranian National Museum (both Anciant and Islamic Periods)



View of the City from my Window the window is facing south so you only get the souther half of the city, its around 8 or 9 am.











The Sa'ie Park in center of the city, Tehran has a lot of green in the city and they are well attended but number of the cars (and also their type) is too much for the trees.




Among the worst car made in human History is Peykan (which went off line last year) which was imported from France in the 1960's and was reporoduced in exactly the same way until 2005, picture above:






It takes a long time to upload the pics and the Dutch have scored a goal already, I'm off. more pics to come and certainly some from the celebration of Iran's victory over Mexico (2-1)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Hopeful Cynic said...

It has come to my attentio that I was wrong about the origin of the Peykan its not French it was British (damn Brits) Saipa is the Iranian offshoot of Citroen which is actually the functioning car manufacturer in Iran Quit good cars, I drive one over here the engine is a bit weak but nice handle.
Thanks to my Sis for the correction.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home